The Kentucky Attorney General issued the following open records decisions last week:
1. 23-ORD-260 (In re: WAVE-TV/Louisville Metro Police Department)
Summary: The Louisville Metro Police Department did not violate the Open Records Act when it withheld from inspection juvenile law enforcement records that are confidential under KRS 610.320(3).
2. 23-ORD-261 (In re: Caleb Ballard/Christian County Board of Education)
Summary: The Christian County Board of Education did not violate the Open Records Act when it denied requests for information that did not describe public records. The Board violated the Act when it failed to respond to a request to inspect records in person.
3. 23-ORD-262 (In re: Antonio Dionte Williamson Trust/Department of Corrections)
Summary: The Department of Corrections did not violate the Open Records Act when it denied a request for a record that does not exist.
4. 23-ORD-263 (In re: Allen Wiley/Jefferson Circuit Court Clerk)
Summary: The Open Records Act does not apply to records of the Jefferson Circuit Court Clerk.
5. 23-ORD-264 (In re: Uriah Pasha/Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex)
Summary: The Eastern Kentucky Correctional Complex violated the Open Records Act when it failed to notify the requester that records did not exist.